The New Sincerity

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pie!


I love pie.

I made the most amazing blueberry pie yesterday (not as pretty as the one in the picture here). Of course, pie is almost always tasty, but it's extra nice when you make it yourself, and especially when you're using fresh blueberries.

Check out the recipe I used from the Joy of Baking website. Some really good tips include letting the pie rest for several hours after it comes out of the over (as difficult as that is) - most of those juices bubbling out the top *will* actually set.

In other pie-related news, Season 2 of Pushing Daisies is only two months away, which makes me happy. If you're not familiar with Ned the Pie-maker, Olive Snook and company, you should check out Pushing Daisies.

Labels: , , ,

posted by br0 at 11:21 PM

1 Comments:

Mmm sounds good. Of all the pie berries, blueberries could possibly be my favourite.

It *is* very difficult to let the pie set though. I want pie NOW, dammit!

August 2, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home